Hopefully you have already read the details on the letter. The plan here is to make things as clear as possible.
First, if you haven’t done so already, add this number to your phone:
We’ll be meeting at Victoria. I’d like to meet on the bench outside WHSmiths. This should be fairly obvious but here’s a photo to help.
We’ll then be taking the Victoria Line to Green Park (you’ll need a travel card for this so make sure you get this when you purchase your ticket).
From Green Park it’s a short walk to the Royal Institute. The lecture starts at 10:00 and finishes at 12:30.
Here are the details:
After the talk you have quite a few choices based on what your parents have put on your consent form:
1) You could head straight home; I’ll show you the way back to Green Park tube station where you can then get the Victoria Line back to Victoria and then a train home.
2) You could have a look around the Faraday Museum which is in the RI building and well worth a visit.
3) You could head to the Science Museum; it’s an easy tube ride from Green Park to South Kensington on the Piccadilly Line.
Here’s a helpful map:
4) You could attend a second lecture at University College London; UCL run science talks aimed at sixth form students every Friday evening at 6:30. I’m planning on attending this week’s lecture which is about Holograms. You’ll need to arrive by 6:00 to ensure you get a seat (there are no tickets so it’s first come, first served. You never know how popular these will be). To get to UCL it’s another easy tube trip from Green Park to Warren Street on the Victoria Line. Or you could walk (it’s only half an hour from the RI). The lecture is in the Chemistry building (Christopher Ingold Building, 20 Gordan Street). After the lecture take the Victoria Line back to Victoria and home.
5) You could enjoy some time in our nations capital with a nice lunch and maybe some shopping.
It’s really up to you (and your parents). If you are unsure about any of this please let me know.